Friday, March 28, 2008

The search begins...

Do one or both of your thumbs look like this?
I want to hear from you!

I have freaky little thumbs.
So does one of my oldest, dearest friends.
Except hers are big and freaky.
Her sister has them too!

Every once in a while I'll spot a freak-thumbed sister, or more rarely brother, while riding the subway. Naturally, I'm like, DYING to talk to them and swap thumb stories, but fear that they might not realize that they are walking around with mutant thumbs - and will take offense when I break the news to them.

So I'm starting this blog with the hope that it will reach others afflicted with these unsightly nubbins.

Spread the word! If you, or someone you know has thumbs like these send me a note and a pic.

3 comments:

mermaid said...

i've got them, too :) (both thumbs). it's genetic, apparently connected to "royal european blood" (however, i have seen these unusual thumbs on mexican, peruvian, first nations, thai and chinese people, on both males and females.) thank god for the internet to find others who understand and share this quirkiness. in my youth i thought it was just me who was 'unfortunate' to be born with. even when i was 3 yrs old, i remember my mother's disgust, stating i had done this to myself as a 3 year old from thumb sucking (which i didn't do). and have experienced rejection from childhood classmates who wouldn't have anything to do with someone with "square thumbs". dumb, human stuff like that. one thing i've noticed is the ones i have met in person with clubbed thumbs have tended to be artists, some kind of healer, or highly empathic. the women at least have always had kind or generally friendly personalities (from what i saw anyway) and not "violent" or "argumentative" like the palmistry books have always described.
thanks for creating your blog!

jj said...

Love the blog :) I have a matching pair of equally interesting toe thumbs :)

Unknown said...

You're not alone! Megan Fox has thumbs like yours. They're often Photoshopped though, in her case. Apparently it's called Bradydactyly type D.

http://meganfoxthumbs.com/megan-fox/megan-fox-thumbs.htm